Thursday, December 17, 2015

They Saw a Star!

The name of the Precious Moments set that is pictured above is "They Saw a Star." It always makes me smile when I look at it as I consider this nativity scene as a Christmas play with the children dressed up in costumes...and then when I look at these two angels sawing the star...I am reminded about how literal children are and how they "misshear" things and interpret them their own way sometimes. Today was my last day of school for 2015...now to get down to business on getting the rest of the way ready for our Christmas celebration...but before we get to our family Christmas we get to Woody's birthday (tomorrow) and then three days of First Baptist, Tullahoma's Night in Bethlehem on December 21, 22, and 23. Then it will be time our family Christmas celebration on Christmas Eve Day. Today I had school with Joseph and Isaac. It was a red letter day for Isaac. He read his first word: "mom." After his school time, I walked him back to his house and I was telling those in hearing distance that Isaac had read his first word today and he said: "Uh-huh...m...o...m (saying the sounds of the three letters) and then said "mom." We are so excited for him. He is pretty happy and seems to be enjoying doing the movable alphabet each day...hope that he doesn't get bogged down with it as I have had some children at school do when I taught at our local Montessori preschool...but he is off to a good start! I sat down next door for a while and got to see a bit of what will be happening in The Dazzling Dorrell's Christmas presentations each night during The Night in Bethlehem. They will put on three shows each of the three evenings. I meandered back home and started getting the kitchen ready to do some baking for Woody's birthday desserts...but then remembered an errand that I wanted to run so I went shopping for a while. I didn't find the main thing that I went after...but that is par for the course when you live in Tullahoma...small town shopping! I have better luck shopping for exactly what I want online. The last present that I ordered is supposed to arrive today...but so far it hasn't appeared...when it gets here my shopping will be complete. Woody has spent a good part of the afternoon wrapping presents. I have a pan of pumpkin bars (a mix) cooling. I made these using substitutes for eggs and milk products...so little Joseph will be able to have dessert tomorrow night when we celebrate Honk Honk's (Woody's) birthday. Because he is called "Goosey," he honks at the grandchildren and some have ended up calling him "Honk Honk" at the first before they can say "Goosey." Joseph calls him "Honk Honk." As soon as I blog, I plan to go down and make two pecan pies. I promised Woody a pecan pie for his birthday since he didn't get one for Thanksgiving. I'm just having trouble getting motivated to get going on them...I need to be in the right frame of mind to make pie crust! Isaac came over before supper and he started playing a math game on Osmo and then Graham joined him. After they left I took it up and have kept on...must set it aside and get down to business so the pies will be all made tonight so I will have tomorrow to do something else! 'Tis the Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment