Friday, December 4, 2015

Out of Chaos?

I am hoping that something good comes out of the chaos that I have managed to create today. Isaac helped me a lot. He is quite a little trouper...he loves getting into the boxes to see what special Christmas decoration each contains. I think that it is like opening presents to him! He exclaims over each one...either that he loves it or that he remembers it or... He has gone up and down the stairs with me multiple times. He always wants to carry something down...that isn't too heavy...or...too breakable! We have found most of the Byer's Carolers...a few are still hiding in the Christmas closet. We have unearthed some of the trees and snowmen that will reside on the fireplace mantel in the family room. I have pretty much decided that I'm not going to do as much decorating as I have in the past so lots of items are going to remain in their boxes and be placed back in the Christmas closet for another year. I was hoping to work on the decorating this morning and then work on making some more Christmas ornaments this afternoon...but a nap beckoned me in the afternoon. I told Woody that I hadn't recovered from his surgery yet. He said that he hadn't either! He said that he was feeling about the same today. Considering the circumstances of his surgery, I think that he is doing very well. He did need to run an errand this afternoon, so on the way home I asked him to stop at the pharmacy to pick up a prescription for me. After I blog, I am going to unpack a couple more decorations--trying to get a box light enough for me to carry downstairs. Then I plan to stay in my sewing room for a while this evening. I still have some ornaments that need to be made. My aim is to get the ones that I need for my family in Arizona finished so I can get their gifts wrapped and then boxed up and in the mail...Christmas is getting closer even as I type! 'Tis the Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment