Monday, December 14, 2015

Finishing Touches

Well, when I can post the dining room table and the kitchen table with a centerpiece that means that all that was on the tables for decorating has been cleared off and put away...so decorating is finished. I got up and put away the last things that needed putting away, vacuumed the floor, took off the dining room table protector, polished the table and then...centerpiece. I had done the kitchen table over the weekend. Last night I even went so far to attack the mess of boxes in the upstairs hallway...they are all put away. The only thing left out of the Christmas closet at the moment is anything that has to do with wrapping presents...gift bags, wrapping paper, ribbons and bows. Wrapping needs to be on the agenda soon! I have sat down in the living room several times today with a cup of wassail and just enjoyed "things" being done. Woody headed off early to pack White Christmas boxes. I was concerned as he usually delivers boxes too and I knew that he didn't need to be lifting the heavy boxes of food. He was "good" and just packed them this year. When he got home, he said that it wore him out just packing them. He has pretty much taken it easy the rest of the day. He and Graham and Joy are downstairs watching Super Girl...the rest of Graham and Joy's family are watching a Christmas show over at their house. Two TV's = two choices! I sat in front of the Christmas tree and also made some items brighter by using silver polish (several items were quite black!). They are so bright and shiny when I am through polishing...but I don't like the feel that it gives my hands...soap and water and some lotion soon made that feeling go away! After lunch I tackled a bigger job than I expected it to be. I vacuumed the inside of our white car...it took a long time...hope I can move tomorrow! Isaac helped me for part of the time I was working on that job. Then he came in with me and we read some Christmas stories while sitting in the love seat glider in front of the Christmas tree...we read about what snowmen do at night, Frosty, Rudolph, and read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas! Late afternoon, Abigail came over and we finished up the gifts that she had been making. Yesterday was a busy day...church service, Sunday School, Sunday School Christmas luncheon, Children's Musical, and White Christmas. I could hardly move after all that! We had a great time at the party...as we always do. And, the children's musical was fantastic and it is always heart warming to see all the white bags of groceries being taken to the front of the church. I staked out a place in the balcony and took pictures of all. Well, tomorrow will be another very busy day...Woody's next Vanderbilt appointments...and they start out just a little after 8am...so that means an early start. Hopefully having early appointments will mean we get finished quickly!?! I'm curious as to what the skipped infusion does to the 12-week "cycle." I'm hoping that his labs will be okay so he can have tomorrow's Keytruda infusion. I'm sure that Dr. Sossman will have all the answers! I will report tomorrow as to what transpires. 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment