Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Soggy Arrival

December has come in on a rather soggy note...Rain! Rain! and more RAIN! Our rainfall over the last two days must measure up in the inches. My start to this first day of December was a bit scary. I went down to wake up Erin and I knew that she was in trouble due to her response or lack there of. Her blood sugar level (she's a type-1 diabetic) had dropped dangerously low during the night. It took a while, but juice and a couple of tastes of honey got her brought back to reality...but really scary. The last time that she went to her diabetes doctor the settings on her insulin pump were changed and those changes seem to have messed up things rather royally. She had gotten really low last week at her house and also when she was visiting her other grandparents. Guess insulin amounts need to be adjusted big time...especially in her overnight amounts. I got her over the hump and back to reality just in time to head out the door to drive Woody to his appointment with the surgeon to have the staples removed. The wait for that appointment seemed rather long. By the time we got home it was time for lunch. Then it was time for Erin and me to make turkey soup for tonight's supper. By the time we got through with making that, I needed to go to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription for Woody. Then it was time to take the garbage out. Then I did manage to sit down and rest for a few minutes before it was time for our supper. Not a day to get much done in the way of Christmas decorating...did get the wreath on the front door...total amount of decorating that we did today. At this rate we might be decorated by Christmas 2016! Woody got released from the doctor today...just told that when he does something and it hurts...that he needs to back off. The staples are out and I guess he is healing nicely. He can get back behind the wheel of the car when he feels up to it. The doc said that he won't be totally healed for six weeks...so he has a ways to go. But I can definitely see that he is improving daily. I haven't had much time for sewing today either. I did do a little more last night. I think that as soon as I finish blogging I am going to hem my blouse...maybe it will be done in time to wear to the Deacon/Widow Banquet Thursday night. After the hem I still have the sleeves hem facings and then have to sew on snap closures. Erin is writing away on a story of fantasy/sci fi...she is very creative both with her writing and drawing abilities...at the moment she is in writing mode...she can't get her ideas written down fast enough for the speed that they come into her brain! She is very enthusiastic about the current story she is writing and has shared about it with both Goosey (Woody) and me (often she just writes and doesn't share). Well, off to hopefully hem my blouse AND have an uneventful night and morning tomorrow! (Of course I still have to face that dreaded blood thinner shot that I have to give to Woody in a little more than an hour...10 more to go (she says with a cringe)!)

No comments:

Post a Comment