Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christmas Sketches

Since writing something in the blog, we have had a lot of water go under the bridge...literally...over a three day or so period we have gotten 5 1/2 inches of rain according to Woody's new rain gauge. And, our temperatures have been way above normal. What a wet and warm Christmas season! We had a great family Chritmas celebration as can be witnessed by the sketches above. We still have plenty of Mexican food leftover...in case a close-by blog reader might have a hankering for some! I haven't had to cook much since...which is rather nice. And, we have such a variety that we don't have to keep having the same thing. Woody managed to walk yesterday (six miles) and today (four miles). I think that the only day that he has skipped since he got back to walking was Christmas Eve day...just too much going on to fit a walk in that day! I have spent part of the day finding places to put away some of my gifts...lots of new kitchen gadgets which have now been washed and a place found to store them. Woody has been working on puzzles that he was given...crosswords, brain teasers, etc. So far too warm to wear the sweaters that he got. It is good to be on this side of the Christmas celebration. I was pretty tired yesterday. There's no telling how many naps that I took! Today has been more of a normal day for me...just puttering around in the house...trying to clear away the after Christmas mess so I can sit and enjoy my decorations for a bit before it is time to take them down! 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment