Monday, December 21, 2015

Soggy Night in Bethlehem

Well, the heavens opened up and the rains came down...a bit too hard to have the outside Night in Bethlehem venues...but The Dazzling Dorrell's performed two shows in First Baptist, Tullahoma's auditorium and a string quartet performed two shows in the chapel. So the event went on, but only with the dry venues. Usually each year the people who are a part of the outside venues don't get to see the inside venues...so tonight due to the rain, they got to come in...shepherds, angels, wisemen, Bethlehem townspeople, etc. got to experience the Christmas story through juggling and music. Woody and I sat up in the balcony...me taking pictures and Woody watching. Woody's official job is a greeter, but since he is an outside greeter he got to come inside, too and see more of juggling show than usual. I have spent most of the day cooking. We now have two large pans of beef enchiladas in the fridge along with a small container with "Joseph safe" enchiladas...made dairy free. What a mess I have made in the kitchen. I almost had all the dishes into the dishwasher before heading out the door to go to church. After I blog I will go downstairs and continue to get the mess cleaned up...just so I can mess it up again in the morning! I feel good that I have gotten the most time consuming recipe done and in the refrigerator. Enchiladas always taste better if the flavors blend before putting them in the oven. So with enchiladas finished, one of those bags of food on the floor in the corner of my kitchen is empty! "Several" more to empty, though! I haven't decided what I will tackle tomorrow. But must get a move on it as Christmas Eve Day is fast approaching! We took care of Joseph for a couple of hours this morning while his family went to church and got some practice time in. Woody took him shopping at WalMart. After lunch, Woody got his short-four-mile walk in before the rain came down very hard. I think that it had started misting before he got back. He will get to test out his birthday present from me tomorrow...a new rain gauge...maybe we will be able to tell how much rain we get tonight. I think I heard that winter arrived today...well, the temperatures don't say winter at the moment...I'm sure that we will know it is winter by the temperatures before too long and these balmy temps will be forgotten. Today's low was 48 and the high was 57...so it has pretty much stayed in the low to mid-fifties most of the day...not exactly Christmas weather. 'Tis the Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment