Tuesday, December 8, 2015

I Found It!

Last night after I blogged, I went downstairs and started putting away more things on the dining room table. I opened up a box to put some things in and it happened to be the box that had the snowman hat for the candy canes...so I arranged the candy canes and put it on the counter in the kitchen. I really need to think about filling the snowman cookie jar...I'm sure that the grandkids would be appreciative of me doing that...Woody would probably be appreciative too! Today has been a very productive day. I got up and got busy sewing and wrapping the gifts for AZ. Once they were all finished and wrapped, I put them in a box and sealed it up, addressed it, and then turned it over to Woody to take to the Post Office. So those presents should be AZ bound...a good feeling to have them on their way! I also got all the items on the dining room table put into boxes to be stored away till after Christmas. I have put a few more things on the table that still need to be done...like cover the pillows on the front porch with snowman fabric. I still have to place Christmas pillows here and there in the house, too. But at this point all that I plan to do this year is virtually done...EXCEPT for the big tree. Woody's accomplishments of the day started out with an early appointment with his surgeon to get that one last staple out. The doctor said that he had just gotten his glasses prescription changed...I'm not sure whether before or after missing that one staple! Woody worked for a good part of the afternoon writing our annual Christmas letter...with me proofing it. I think that it is as good as it is going to get for this year! Woody drove to the prayer room at church this evening. He still hasn't worked his way up to walking any great distance since his surgery...proud of him that he is still listening to his body and not trying to do too much too soon! Before coming in to blog, I had started cleaning up the mess that I made while making/wrapping presents...looks a bit like a tornado has passed through both the sewing room and our bedroom...guess I'll return to attempting to make both rooms a little more presentable (as in livable). Hmmmm maybe it is time for a cup of peppermint tea! 'Tis the Season!

1 comment: