Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Better Late Than Never!



I attempted to get all the fathers in the pictures: Woody, Wade, and Nathan.  The older folk ate at the table in the kitchen and the younger kids ate in the living room/school room.  The mat on the floor that three of them are eating on came from Ethiopia. Instead of tables woven mats spread on the floor are what many African families eat on. Nathan, Kathy and children experienced this type of dining in Uganda and after they got home they wished that they had gotten a mat for their family. I think that Nathan and Graham brought it back for the family when just the two of them went to Ethiopia a year or so after the whole family went to Uganda.

We have had another busy day.  I took Abigail to Montessori this morning. I walked through the school and turned on the lights for old times sake then headed home after saying hi to Pat.  I think that Abigail enjoyed her first experience at Montessori as a "teacher" very much.  Pat called me this afternoon and said that Abigail is just a natural!  Nice to hear!  Abigail dearly loves to work with children.  This should be a super experience for her.

I have spent quite a bit of time getting pattern pieces ready to be cut out.  I have changed some things about the pattern so had to make the appropriate adjustments.  At this point part of the pattern pieces are pinned on.  Some of the interfacing is cut out.  So I guess I am underway.  Cutting out a pattern is not exactly my favorite part of a sewing project...it is about my least favorite part of sewing!

Woody has stayed around the house most of the day.  He made a cake and I made the frosting and frosted the cake.  As soon as I blog I am going to go get a piece of cake.  Late afternoon, he walked to the prayer room at church.  While he was away I iced the cake and then went next door and sat on their back porch for a while in their porch swing and talked with Nathan and the children that are home at this time.  It sounds like Kathy and the kids are having fun at Kid's church camp.  I saw a few pictures and those showed happy faced children...a good sign of having a good time!  Tomorrow the children who are classified "youth" at the church = Graham, Abigail, and Joy are going on a summer hike.  Nathan may get roped into driving as, I guess, there have been quite a few sign up at the last moment.  If Nathan goes, then I would guess that Isaac and Joseph will stay with us.

Well, I'm glad that I finally got to share some of our Father's Day doings.  The computer was cooperative about opening up the camera software tonight.  I didn't have to restart it...maybe it just needed a little rest last night when it wouldn't open it up for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment