Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Out of Routine Wednesday

At least I have been out of routine today.  We didn't work in the library today as there was a funeral at the church during the time that we usually work so the three of us had the day off from the library. Not going to the library has made it seem like it isn't Wednesday!

Woody got up and walked six miles early this morning.  He also spent some time out in the vegetable garden weeding...lots of weeds thanks to all the rain that we have gotten.  I ended up spending time in the kitchen.  I made one of the recipes that we have found that is kidney friendly...low in phosphorus and potassium.  It was an eggplant casserole recipe...not many ingredients in it but it seemed to take quite a while to make it.  Then after I got that made I made a recipe that we have loved for years--Cantonese Spare Ribs...mainly because Woody had bought the ribs before his doctor appointment.  He did eat a small portion of the ribs.  I guess you can say that we have gotten through the first day of his new eating routine.  He has been studying the "dos and don'ts" of his diet.  And, is adding things to the grocery list that he can eat.

While the ribs were still in the oven, Kathy asked me to go next door for a short time.  She had forgotten Joy's orthodontist appointment and they had a guest over for Esther to play with.  So I left Woody to turn off the oven when the timer rang and grabbed a book and went next door till Kathy and Joy got home from the orthodontist...not very long.  The ribs were cooked perfectly by the time I got home. We had my cooking efforts for supper.  And, now we are settling in for a quiet evening.  I'm trying to figure out if I have enough energy to do a little sewing.  I'm feeling rather lazy at the moment and I am almost through with the book I am reading so I will probably go finish the book and then see if I feel like doing anything more this evening!


No comments:

Post a Comment