Thursday, June 7, 2018

Home Again, Home Again Jiggedy Jog


 Woody chose to work in the yard rather than go on a walk this morning.  I got up and decided that today was the day that I would finish the doll dress that I have been working on.  And, I actually finished it.

Friends (blog reading friends) stopped by and visited on the front porch for a little while just before noon. They brought a news clipping of Graham when he took part in a Memorial Day service over in Shelbyville. Kathy had asked them to get a couple for them. When they were here it felt very pleasant to sit on the porch, but as you can see by the car thermometer it got quite hot this afternoon.

A little before 2pm we headed off to McEwen, TN to go to Wade's father's visitation.  We took mostly back roads because Bonnaroo was getting underway in Manchester today and that usually has I-24 backed up when they are coming in.  Thinking about Bonnaroo made me realize that we need to be more aware of locking out house doors over the next few days...it was over Bonnaroo weekend last year that an uninvited guest barged into our house and took quite a few years off my life!  Of course, I probably scared him more than he scared me!  It took us a couple of hours to get to McEwen.  We stayed for about an hour and a half for the visitation.  I ended up sitting with Mary, Wade's mother, for most of the time that we were there.  Woody visited with Melany, Erin, and Alex and part of the time with Wade.  I snapped a few pictures out the car window as we were traveling.  I couldn't resist taking a few barn photos! Here is one of them.

It's good to be home and settling in after our drive today.  We were gone about six hours.  It was an easy drive.  The way we went kept us out of much traffic for a good part of the trip. And, we managed to get home before dark.

Woody just made us some air popped pop corn...something that he CAN eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment