Thursday, June 21, 2018

Very Rainy Welcome to Summer!

My new birdhouse in the rain 
Chicken Sculpture Pecking in the Rain



















A very rainy welcome to Summer, as in, 2 inches of rain!  It started raining in the early hours of morning and continued to rain all morning and even into some of the afternoon.  Woody didn't realize that it had started to rain till he opened the door to go out for his early morning walk.  He went out and came back in right away and decided that it was too rainy to head out on a walk...umbrella or not!  He did work in the yard later in the afternoon after the rains passed us by.  I'll bet it was easy weed pulling after getting all that rain!

I got up early and was probably back at my sewing before 5am.  I thought that I would be at my sewing machine most of the day.  Instead I wrestled with trying to chevron herringbone stripes so they would match. It has not been an easy task...rather hair pulling at times!  I think that I have the important places matching now.  I had to cut one of the pieces again as when I sewed the back yoke seam they just didn't match correctly.  I did finally get the back yoke sewn together correctly and I am satisfied with the way the stripes chevron.  Then I had to work on the front yoke matching...not for sure that is right and won't be till more into the sewing...perhaps when I know it will be beyond the undoing/redoing stage.  The problem with that is matching when the fronts overlap.  I finally decided that I had it good enough since those edges fold back when worn so how well the edge and overlap match will probably never be under scrutiny!  I just ironed on the interfacing for the front yoke...still have to trim those.  Then it will only be the front pieces lining/facing and the interfacing for the front edges that need to be cut out.  I don't think that they cutting job for this shirt will ever be done...except it will have to be as the fabric left is dwindling!  I still have enough to recut front yoke pieces if I have to.  Now I know why I kept procrastinating making this shirt!  It has been a pain due to the kind of stripes and the changes that I decided to make in the pattern.  I hope that I like what the end results are!!!!!

Report from the campers = they are having a great time.  It does look like they did get some rain this afternoon. They are in Kentucky.  I hope that they didn't get as much as we did!  The teen hikers are glad that they went hiking yesterday rather than today...though I guess the falls would have been running fuller today than yesterday.  Graham said that the falls didn't have a lot of water.  Graham and I put Velcro on the back one of his name strips for a Civil Air Patrol vest.  He has a survival-type hike planned for Saturday.  Again, I hope that it isn't too rainy for him and his fellow CAP members.

No comments:

Post a Comment