Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Wednesday Efforts

Woody didn't venture out farther than our yard today.  He worked in the yard for his exercise today.  He continues to work on gardens--both ornamental and vegetable--weeding and mulching.  He has done crossword puzzles and has read and watched TV.  It has been another hot and humid day.  We got a few sprinkles a couple of times today...really not enough to even wet the sidewalk.

I continue to work on my sewing project.  I sewed the collar together this morning...got tired of just cutting out so decided to do a little machine sewing.  I am having to match so each piece has to be cut out individually...so if I need two of a pattern piece I am having to cut that piece twice instead of once if I had the fabric layered.  I just have the sleeves to cut out of the main fabric.  Then I need to cut out the yokes on the bias.  I still have several pieces of interfacing to cut out.  Both the sewing machine and the serger have been threaded with the color thread that I need to make this blouse/shirt.  So once I get it all cut out...I will be able to "just" sew...and "should" be able to move right along!  We'll see!  I am still reading a lot so I intersperse reading with cutting.  I can't cut too long or my neck and back get to bothering me.

This afternoon Donna and I worked in the library.  Donna got another book entered and we both did maintenance...books checked in, books checked out, books shelved, cards filed, and books on shelves straightened.  Once again we didn't work as long as we sometimes do...but...consider it summer vacation!

Graham, Abigail, and Joy went with the youth today to hike at Fall Creek Falls State Park.  I checked in on them a little while ago to see if they had survived and had a good time.  All three looked pretty tired.  Sounds like Esther and Elijah and Kathy continue to have a good time at Kid's Church Camp.  Sounds like they are kept busy from morning to night.  Nathan continues to work on projects next door.  He's got their vegetable garden looking really good.  He was hampered in what he could do today as he needs Graham's help to be able to do several of the things that he wants to do.  Isaac and Joseph kept pretty close tabs on their daddy today.  We only saw them briefly this morning while Nathan took the teens to church for their outing and then one other time to get something that they left.  Nathan says that they are becoming pretty good little weeders.  I wonder if that is because they know how to "grow like weeds!"

No comments:

Post a Comment