Saturday, June 30, 2018

SQUIRRELS!!!!!!!!!


Squirrels are in my doghouse! Last week this bird feeder was almost totally full.  I noticed one day this week that the seed had gone down quite a bit...more than it usually does with just little birds coming to feed at it so I wondered what was going on.  Then I thought that some how the squirrels had managed to swing it and make some of the seed come out of  the top.  It wasn't until the yesterday that I noticed that the bird feeder that only had teeny tiny holes for teeny tiny birds to get teeny tiny seed had two much LARGER holes than it was supposed to have!  Those rascally squirrels...hope they got a tummy ache from eating the plastic!  I guess now that I have taken a picture of it, I can put it in the trash!  Not sure what I should hang on my shepherd's hook...but I guess not a bird feeder...at least not one like this!  Bad squirrels!!!!! I want to attract birds not squirrels.  Lately it has been just about impossible to keep the food long enough for the birds to even know that we have any out.  The squirrels are quite the little piggies!

Woody got his walk in by walking to and from the library today.  It was another hot day.  Even at this hour when I walked out to take these two pictures it was rather close and uncomfortable.  I stayed in most of the day except for taking those two pictures.  The neighbors continue to wash our house.  We even got the back patio slab washed...mainly because Isaac started so his daddy figured that he had better finish it...it is a different color than it was yesterday.  The house is looking better too.  I have worked on doing more files for my sewing club.  Got another one finished and posted.  And have started on another one.  This afternoon I finished all the machine work on my shirt.  Now I just need to cut open the buttonholes and sew on the buttons and give it a good press.  Woody has done crossword puzzles, read, watched a library DVD and read this afternoon.  He is watching a Cardinal baseball game on TV at the moment. The heat just takes something out of me...makes me not want to do much at all.  I guess that is when it is good to have a good book or two on hand!














No comments:

Post a Comment