Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Sad Commentary on the Times...

Yesterday I asked Elijah where they were going to do a juggling program and he couldn't remember the name of the town.  He just knew that they had been in that area recently and that it was where the policeman had been killed.  Neither of those clues helped me to zero in...they travel around quite a bit so there are quite a few towns to pick from that hint...and, sad to think that there have been so many policemen killed that that piece of information didn't help me pinpoint where they were going.  When Kathy told me, then I knew and remembered the incident.  Recently there was an escaped prisoner who killed a policeman before he was recaptured.  I think that the reason that Elijah even knew anything about it was that we had gotten alerts on our phones here in Tullahoma even though this happened hours away and the way the alerts read it sounded like it was happening here.  Nathan had "herded" the children into the house when it was thought that the gunman was in our area...so that stood out in Elijah's mind.

I posted a bluebird of happiness to get us past the sad thought of so many bad/sad things happening in our society these days.

Woody didn't walk this morning because he walks to the prayer room at church on Tuesdays so waits till later in the day to go for his walk.  He just returned from the prayer room a few minutes ago.  He has spent a lot of time outside working in the gardens...don't know how he does it in this heat and humidity!  I have just done a little of this and a little of that today.  I have my shirt ready for putting the sleeves in...just haven't felt like going to the sewing machine...guess it is a lazy, hazy day of summer!  I did manage to put away a load of wash and I've read and worked some more on my sewing club notebook.  I am working on an index so I can access things easier in the notebook.  One of the other members made an index of techniques and I am adding more information to make it work better for me.  I am also trying to finish a church library book before I go there to work tomorrow. I didn't sleep the best last night and today I have sort of felt like I am in a fog!  Hoping that I can sleep better tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment