Friday, June 22, 2018

"Squish! Squish!"

Tonight's blog title is the sound that my shoes made when I walked out to the garden where Woody was weeding.  Woody had checked and we got two plus inches today!  So we have gotten over four inches of rain in the first two days of Summer!  It really came down in torrents for a while today.  There has been some pretty rough weather all around us.

I did get started on my sewing today.  I actually got to spend quite a bit of time at my sewing machine and server...that is until the storms started blowing through one after another.  When the lightning and thunder started my machines got turned off and unplugged.  We would think that the storms were over and soon we would hear thunder rumbling again...and then the rains would arrive...again.  I'm not sure how many storms blew through this afternoon.  Kathy, Esther, and Elijah needed a ride home when they got back into town from camp, as Nathan and the five children that were here at home with him had a juggling program.  Woody waited out the storm a bit before he headed to pick up Kathy and the two children she had with her.  It was barely raining when he headed off to get them.  He misunderstood the directions as to where to pick them up so had to come back home and have me redirect him...by that time another storm was blowing in.

Woody did our weekly grocery shopping and picked up a couple of prescriptions for us at our pharmacy.  We experienced something new this time...online prescription refill request.  It worked as the prescriptions were there waiting for him to pick up.  Woody turned around as soon as he got the groceries in for me to put away.  He had to pick up a friend who has no transportation and take him here and there to grocery shop and run errands.  Woody did lots of running around town today!  He was able to spend some time outside weeding in between storms...taking advantage of wet ground for easier weed pulling.

I guess at this point that our summer can be classified as "a wet one!"



No comments:

Post a Comment