Monday, June 25, 2018

Can You Believe...Six Months From Today Is...

CHRISTMAS is six months from today!  My mouth about dropped open when that fact was brought to my attention earlier today!  We are having enough trouble coming up with birthday presents (another birthday is very close) much less thinking about Christmas!  I guess we will put it on the back burner for a bit longer! But it will be here before we know it...probably in a blink of an eye...the way days are flying by these days.

Woody didn't get up to walk as he knew that it would just be so humid that it wouldn't be a pleasant walk no matter how early he walked!  He went to the Life Care and had Bible study with Jeff and then visited with several others.  He made Apple Zucchini bread today...a kidney friendly recipe!  This evening he is at the Furnace Room Prayer meeting.

Three children came over a little while ago...Esther, Elijah and Joseph.  They have decided to use the Osmo iPad system.  They were doing car races not sure which one they are doing at the moment...all is quiet. They are playing in the school room.

I did do a little hand sewing on my shirt this afternoon.  I still have some basting to do before I attach the sleeves.  Instead of actual sewing today, I have been working on something for the Facebook Sewing Club that I belong to.  The head of the club asked me if I would be interested in helping her create PDF files for the techniques that she will share in the coming year's club.  It doesn't seem possible that there is only July left in my year's membership for the club.  She has decided that she will continue the club for another year.  She tries to have written sheets that go with each of the videos and that is where she finds herself getting bogged down so she asked me today if I would be interested.  So I have been trying to figure out if I can create them the way she wants them.  I did a trial one and it seems to work.  She is away till tomorrow so maybe I will find out then if it will work for me to do them.  It will be quite a bit of work, but it sounds like fun to be on that side of the club helping in the background,  Plus she will wave my membership fee for the year, if I do this for her and, I'll be one of her administrators for the club...sounds like a plan to me!!  I hope that my iPad app comes through for me when I need to go more into detail than I did  in my trial one today.

I made another kidney friendly recipe for our supper: Pasta Primavera...not bad, but not as good as a tried-and-true recipe that I have made in the past...one thing that it has going for it is that it is a fairly quick to make recipe whereas my other recipe is not!  Easy is nice at times!


No comments:

Post a Comment