Saturday, June 2, 2018

Time Marches On

When I was scrolling through my photos to choose a picture for tonight's blog, my eye landed on this photo of the class of Cottey College 1968 and I realized that I hadn't ever posted this.  It is the "official"  group photo of our class taken by Cottey's photographer. I guess you can play "Where's Lois!"

Woody got up and walked early this morning to beat the heat that was predicted for today.  Later in the morning he made his weekly trip to the public library.  I woke up to my cell phone beeping that I had a text message.  It was from Melany.  She was telling me that Wade's father had gotten worse in the night and had been taken to a hospital close to his rehab facility.  The word was not good.  They had been told what you dread to hear at the hospital...that they were going to keep him comfortable.  Wade's family is gathering at his bedside.  One of Wade's brothers lives in the Atlanta area so it was a bit of a trip for him.  He is there now.  Also Wade's dad's siblings are there too.  They have been told that he has from just hours to a day to live...and as we all know...only time will tell if the doctors are right!  But it is a sad time for their family at the moment.

I have spent quite a bit of time at the sewing machine today.  The little dress is starting to take shape and my modifications worked.  The bodice is together.  Next will be the sleeves.  All these pieces are little and the fabric I'm using isn't very friendly for small seams.  It is vintage fabric from my Aunt Lois' fabric stash.  She was a doll collector and enjoyed sewing from her dolls.  The doll I am making this dress for is one of her dolls. After the sleeves the rest should be easy.  I did the collar using a method taught in the internet sewing club that I belong to...so I did try a technique that was just a bit different than the way I usually make collars.  I like her method.

After lunch, Woody headed off to the ball park for Elijah's last regular game of this Little League season.  I didn't go today because it was going to be so hot and also I wanted to be at home in case Melany needed to get in touch with me.  I can't see/read text messages on my cell phone if I am out in the sunshine and I wasn't sure that I would even hear the phone with all the noise at the ball park!

Elijah's team won the game.  When I talked to Nathan earlier he said that their team ended in 2nd place.  This coming week they play in a tournament.

So did you find me in tonight's photo?


2 comments: