Saturday, June 23, 2018

Unlikely Visitors!

Look who popped in for a visit this afternoon!  A very tattered little lion in flip flops and a little clown in some new duds...new wig, nose, tie and shoes...if I understood correctly.  It took the little clown a bit of time getting up the stairs!  The lion beat him by quite a bit!  I understand he had to crawl up the stairs.  When little clown saw his picture on my camera, he was quite pleased with how he looked!  He said that he knew how the suit, tie and shoes looked but didn't know how the wig and nose looked!  I see a new program featuring a clown or two or...in future programs.  Nathan is probably creating new stories around clowns as I type!  Little clown realized before he left that he was wearing all the primary colors.

Woody got up and walked a "long four miles," according to what he told me when he got back this morning. He went to the library and ran an errand or two later in the morning.  He continued to work in the yard...when it wasn't raining.  We didn't have as much rain today as the last two days but still had one fairly heavy rain.  Graham is on a "survival" camp out with his Civil Air Patrol group...hoping that they didn't get too wet with the passing storm.  We didn't have too much lightning or thunder with this one, though I did shut off machines and unplug them at a point when I heard a rumble or two.  I sewed most of the morning and have quite a bit done...it actually looks like a shirt, but without sleeves, side seams, a hem, or buttons or buttonholes.  I still have to hand stitch down the facings before I move on to the rest of it.  The hand sewing will take place in my recliner.  Woody did some cooking this afternoon.  He cut up and cooked two large cauliflower heads.  After they were cooked I made a recipe that he had found for "Almost Mashed Potatoes."  Well...not exactly mashed potatoes, but not too bad either.  My main complaint for them is that they have raw garlic in them and I just can't take raw garlic in things...next time I will either saute or roast the garlic or substitute garlic powder!  There is potential for them to be a passable side...but for me to really like them I will have to make a few adjustments!  I should have known as I don't like the hummus recipe that Woody makes and the reason is the raw garlic that is in that recipe.  So I will tweak it...if I am going to eat them!

After lunch, Joy came over to invite us next door to enjoy one of Abigail's famous cheese cakes.  She was experimenting.  Our new pastor loves cheesecake and he challenged Abigailr to make a peanut butter cheese cake.  He said that Cheese Cake Factory used to have one on their menu but no longer did.  So Abigail accepted the challenge.  I wish that I had gotten a picture of this one.  She used crushed Oreos for the crust and then had a peanut butter cheese cake and a topping of chocolate and Reeces peanut butter cups.  Quite a concoction...a very rich concoction!  Abigail is a good cook and she loves to make cheese cakes so it was easy for her to accept the challenge!  They cut a nice piece and put it in a "to-go box" to take to the pastor at church tomorrow.

For my breaks from sewing today I have been reading.  I have been doing a lot of reading lately...finishing books rapidly one after another.  Woody, too, has been doing a lot of reading. I think that he finished three books this week.  Rainy days are good for reading (storming or not)...and sewing (if it isn't storming!).  I am closing in on my yearly goal of reading 52 books in a year for my goal of a book a week.  Lately I have been reading a book often in a day or at most two...I'm getting really close to reading 52 before the year is even half over!

No comments:

Post a Comment