Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Zooming In



















As I was choosing a photo for tonight's blog, I went back to the day of our last barn photo trip.  I came across these and decided that they were an example of how far away some of these barns are...but the zoom lens can make it look like they are much closer to the road.  These are both taken from the same spot.  I just let my lens do the "walking in closer" to the barn for me.

I woke up way too early this morning and ended up reading several hours before I felt like getting going.  I have been in "reading mode" the last few days.  I think I have read three books in four days.  Some times that is about all I feel like doing...especially if I find some good books.  I mentioned the other day that I had two e-books that I needed to read before they got taken back into cyberspace.  Well, I read those two and finished another e-book and am in the midst of a "real" book, too...and started another e-book.  I did manage to leave my reading long enough to finish up the upstairs bathrooms that I had started yesterday.  And, after lunch I went to the church library.  Donna and I didn't work as long as sometimes because there just wasn't a lot that had to be done today.  Donna entered several DVDs and I did the maintenance of checking books in and out and shelving the books that had been returned.  Because I had awakened so early this morning, I was ready to take a little nap after I returned from church.  So I rested by doing some more reading and then decided to watch a TV show on my iPad...unfortunately my nap occurred during the show and I don't know how it ended!  Oh, well...

Woody walked four miles this morning.  He worked out in the yard again today.  This afternoon while I was at the library some of the neighbor grandchildren came over looking for a "paying job."  Goosey (Woody) decided that getting our two cars washed would fall into that category.  They have told him that one of the cars is done...but the one who inspected their work (Goosey) says that they will have to do a bit more to have it pass the muster!  We'll see if they still want to work on the one some more and also work on the other one tomorrow!  I guess we will see how badly they want to earn some money!  Both cars were (are still) in need of a good washing. We will see if they and Goosey are in agreement as to what a good washing is!

No comments:

Post a Comment