Friday, June 8, 2018

Friday

Here's another farm that we saw along the way to McEwen yesterday.  We live in such a pretty area!

Woody has been a lot busier than I have today.  He got up and walked four miles.  Later he did our grocery shopping at two stores.  I put away the groceries after he got home...that way I know what we have to possibly make meals from this week.  I'm still not totally functioning as far as meal planning...still drawing a blank when it comes to thinking what sounds to cook...that Woody should eat!  After Woody had been home, he headed out again to pick up a couple of people (without transportation) to take them grocery shopping.  I have picked up and put away things that I was using for my doll dress project.  After lunch I ran the vacuum in our bedroom and the sewing room and part of the hall (as far as the vacuum cord would reach!).  I've also started a new e-book.  I had requested it a while ago and it had finally become available for me a week or more ago...so now I have to hurry up and read it or it will disappear into cyberspace before I get it done.  The reason that I remembered that I had this book on my iPad was that I got notified that another book that I had requested was ready for me to check out.  So now I have two e-books available to read and have one book that I have started that I checked out of the church library.  So I have plenty of reading material to keep me occupied when I feel like sitting!  I also got the bird feeders refilled.  I had put off refilling the feeders when it was raining a bunch and then sort of forgot about them till our friends and Woody and I sat on the front porch yesterday. So I put that task on my mental "to-do list!"  Task done! Check! Woody made his cole slaw recipe today...something that he can still eat...one of our tried and true recipes that he can still eat.  He bought the ingredients for Mother's Boston baked beans, but he isn't supposed to eat those.  He will miss eating beans with his slaw!  I guess if I make the beans they are mine to eat!   I have felt pretty lazy today...I guess the heat and our little trip yesterday sort of took today's energy away.  While I sat today I was trying to think about what I might like to sew next and so far I haven't had many ideas pop into my head. But as I sit here at the laptop I do see some fabric that I had pulled aside to make a quick project a while back...perhaps that will be my next thing to make...but...still thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment