Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Wednesday Doings

One of my favorite hummingbird pictures! One of my friends had this one enlarged and has it hanging in her house. I'm sure that I have used this picture before, but was looking for something in my photos and saw this one and decided to use it tonight.

Woody walked early this morning.  And, he has worked out in the yard quite a bit...busy with the gardens trying to weed and mulch the vegetables that he and the neighbors have growing in the gardens in our yard and in the lot behind our lot (which belongs to the neighbors aka Nathan and Kathy and family).  I decided that I felt like sewing this morning.  The results is that my shirt has two sleeves, two sides seamed up and some of the top stitching done.  I still have the hem, some more top stitching and the buttonholes and buttons and I "think" it will be done!  I haven't been in a great hurry on this as it is the last of the special fabric that I bought at a couture fabric shop in Arizona...so am enjoying sewing on this high quality fabric...not rushing it!

After lunch I headed off to the library.  Donna and I worked about an hour just doing maintenance and checking on some books that we want to order.  I would say that the library work is in the midst of the summer doldrums...not a lot happening...sort of sliding through "as if on vacation!"  I will be making an order some time soon so then we will have a bit more to do to get them processed.

When I got home I decided that it was time to do some baking.  Our Sunday School is meeting in the morning for breakfast at a class member's home so I needed to make something to take.  I got that all done so just have to pull them out of the fridge in the morning and head off.  I'm looking forward to good fellowship and good food with good friends! We always have a great time together.

Woody headed off to church after supper.  They are showing a movie tonight that is an introduction to a study that they will be starting on Wednesdays in a few weeks.

We had a message from Vanderbilt about an appointment change.  Woody was scheduled to go for his six-month scan, labs, and to see the doctor at the end of July.  Woody called them back and found out that it had been changed to the first of August because his doctor was to be away on his original appointment day. It was an easy change...they had already changed all three appointments and just needed to confirm the change with him.  We were very glad that they changed all three appointments and not just the doctor appointment...that way we just have to travel one day for all three.  It used to be that had had scans one day and then went back the next...not fun to make that Nashville trip two days in a row!

We have had a couple of thunderstorms roll through this afternoon...didn't bring a lot of rain...just enough to help keep our humidity way up there!

No comments:

Post a Comment