Monday, July 2, 2018

What It Was Meant to Be!

Here is what we meant to feed at this feeder!  But...no more thanks to the rascally squirrels! Hope the birdies are understanding of the disappearance of this feeder!  They need to peck a few squirrels to get the message into their heads that bird feeders like this one are a "no-no" for squirrels!  Our squirrels didn't get the memo!

Woody walked early this morning.  Then he paid his usual visits to the Life Care Center.  He has also worked in the yard.  I know that when I went out to give him a message that he was coming back in to throw away the bags of mulch that he had emptied.  After supper, he went to the Furnace Room Prayer meeting.  He has just come home from that.

I did a little picking up of the sewing room...always a necessity after a major sewing project.  I still need to straighten up the sewing cutting table.  But before I got to that I decided that I would work on my "new job" of making PDF files of sewing techniques for my internet sewing group.  I have another file ready except for Woody proofing it.  He should be quite the sewing techniques expert by the time he proofs all these files! There are a few things that lose something in the translation when one doesn't know sewing lingo!  The mathematician in him doesn't understand a stitch length of 3.5...he wanted to know what kind of measurement that was...it is stitches per inch...not a common measurement for him!  I don't have "spi" behind the number because most modern day sewing machines measure their stitch length that way.  And, we, who sew a lot, hardly think about what it means...we just know that smaller number is shorter stitch and larger number is longer stitch.  I had to think a minute to come up with "stitches per inch"...just something that I know because I use those numbers so much...changing them for the task at hand. Well, it has been proofed by him so it is time for me to send it to the head of the club and get her to read it and okay it and then I will post it.  Making these files is just like me preparing a Sunday School lesson to teach...I learn so much more than the ones who are just sitting in on the lesson or just reading the files.  By the time that I get everything in the right order and get it worded the best way that I can, I pretty well have the technique committed to memory.  At the moment I am doing more technical things for the sewing club than actual sewing.  Once we get caught up with the files then there won't be so many.  Hopefully in the next year's club we won't get behind with them...I'm hoping to do them shortly after she posts the videos...two videos a month and two PDF files a month...unless...she posts something extra which she has a very generous tendency to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment