Friday, July 6, 2018

Quiet Friday

At least it has been fairly quiet for me.  I have just done a little of this and a little of that today.  I worked in the kitchen some and made an eggplant casserole that is a kidney friendly recipe. We had that for supper (I did sneak in a rib, too.).  I have been reading.  I finished one book yesterday and began two more...one book in hand and one e-book. And, I am working on another file for my sewing club.

Woody got his exercise at the grocery stores today.  He went to three stores for our weekly grocery shopping.  He came home got a drink of water and headed back out the door to take groceries to his friend who has no transportation.  He also picked the friend up and ran errands with him.

We had a storm attempt to roll again this afternoon, but in the end we must have been on the edge of it.  We got a little rain, but nothing like we got in the last couple of days.

Our tomatoes and eggplants that we have growing on the patio are coming along...still a ways to go to be picking ready, but they are getting bigger every day.  I know that there are other things growing farther back in the yard, but I can't see them without going outside.  The patio garden I can see through the windows.  I know that Woody mentioned that he had green peppers and I know that Nathan has hot peppers of some sort (He did not mean to buy hot peppers...but that is what they turned into and they are VERY HOT!).  Nathan confirmed their hotness...usually things don't taste hot to him. So that says a lot right there! Woody also tried one and said that it was very hot.  I think that I will keep away from the really hot ones! I have been warned!

Kathy, Graham, Abigail, and Joy all returned home from youth church camp...as far as I know they are all in one piece.  I haven't seen them yet, but Woody saw them get out of their van and...they were walking!  So that tells me that they survived!  Esther and Elijah came over a few minutes ago.  Esther told me that Elijah wanted to know if his birthday present had arrived...and...tada...it had...just arrived in the mail today.  And...I had already wrapped it so it is all ready for the party tomorrow.  Party time...again!


No comments:

Post a Comment