Monday, July 16, 2018

Grammy Camp--Day 1

They have their fingers up to show you that it is Day 1!

Theme of today's camp = COOKING!  Isaac and Joseph made cucumber jello and play dough.  They had fun playing with the play dough for quite a while after we cooked it.They took the jello home to serve for one of their meals today.

Isaac and Joseph were feeling a bit left out as over the last few weeks everyone except for the two of them and their daddy had been to one or two camps and this week four of their siblings are off at another camp.  Abigail chose not to attend this one and the little boys are still too young.  Last night Kathy called and asked if they could have Grammy Camp for a few mornings this week.  I had to get my thinking cap on and decide just what we would do during those three days!  I thought about making play dough and then remembered about all the cucumbers that were coming in in their garden.  Woody had bought the jello so it came to me that the boys and I would make them cucumber jello = lime jello & pureed cucumber and water.  Pretty easy and they all like it.  Plus it is something that Joseph can eat and make with his allergies...not a lot of those recipes exist with ingredients that we have over here. They enjoyed themselves so much that they came over after they had supper and were begging for more Grammy Camp!  Plus they were trying to worm out of me just what they would be doing tomorrow...but I kept tomorrow's plans a BIG secret!  Partially a secret from me at the moment too!

Woody got up and walked four miles this morning.  About the time the boys got here for their camp, Woody left to go to Life Care and also to make a hospital visit. He has worked in the yard a little.  We did have a few drizzles this morning.  This afternoon he read, did crossword puzzles, played Scrabble, watched TV, etc.  At the moment he is at the Furnace Room Prayer meeting at church.

This afternoon I made meatballs and spaghetti sauce for our supper.  I hadn't made meatballs in a long time.  I decided that was a way that Woody could skip the meat if he wants to...but he can't have much sauce either since it has tomatoes in it.  But he can have the spaghetti noodles!  What a diet!  I've got my hopes up that his diet restrictions may be lifted a bit after his visit tomorrow to his nephrologist.   Time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment