Friday, July 27, 2018

One Down...

 One garden bed down since Woody got the mulch delivered. You can still see the size of the mulch pile at the back of the third photo.

Woody was very close to finished when I snapped this picture out the guest bedroom window.  I'm not sure that the pictures do the garden justice as to its size...it is very large...it wraps around the front of the house from the steps and up to the garage on the side of the house.  Lots of little weeds have been taken out of this garden...lots of hours of hot work for Woody.  It really looks great and I know that Woody is glad to be finished with this one!

Besides weeding and mulching today, Woody did our grocery shopping and ran errands with his friend who needs transportation in order to be able to do errands. That took up several hours of Woody's morning.  Then he concentrated on finishing the mulching of this garden. This afternoon, he managed to find time to make up some of the Apple Zucchini bread that is kidney friendly.

I worked a little more on the PDF file that I "thought" was finished.  When I read it through one more time this morning I found a couple of words that were words but weren't the words that I meant to be in the file.  I fixed those.  Then the head or our sewing club approved them and I posted them to the files in our club's Facebook page.  So one more done and out there for others to have access to.  I have the photos for the next one ready once I take notes on the video and then start writing.

I have also been reading.  The book that I checked out last week is due tomorrow and I still have 200 pages to read!  I have read a little over 300...it is a long book and I'm not finding it a very fast read...lots of characters and lots of plots and subplots and lots of action.  I am enjoying it, but I don't like the fact that I have a time limit facing me!  If I don't get it read I will just add my name back on the list and wait for it to be my turn again!

Look who took over my sewing chair this afternoon!  I did start work on one of Esther's birthday presents, but luckily didn't need my machine since Peaches has decided that it is a place she likes to sleep.  (I really would have booted her if I had been ready for the machine but I'm not at the sewing point yet!)  Esther is due back from camp tomorrow.  I have a feeling that Peaches will be more content at her house once her mommy is home!  But I will say that she is liking it over here pretty well!  She enjoys taking her afternoon naps in air conditioning!

Her Majesty Princess Peaches
on her royal sewing throne!
Woody and I are both settling in for the evening with our books...Woody just doesn't have the time crunch on him!  He has already read this book, so if I do manage to get it read before the deadline of tomorrow evening, then we will have both gotten a 512 page book read in 7 days (really if I drop it off on Sunday morning before going to church it will be in on time...as long as it is in before it opens on Sunday afternoon!).  Guess I had better go and find out what happens next...I left a young lady sneaking up on the President with plans to assassinate him...the President has already foiled an attempt by her once earlier in this book...bet she is VERY determined to succeed this time!



No comments:

Post a Comment