Thursday, July 19, 2018

We Voted!

Woody and I early voted today.  For a change there were quite a few people at the polling place...often it is a very quiet place.  But today we even had to wait a bit.  We had an interesting new machine.  We voted in one computer "booth" and then a paper ballot came out and we took it to another machine and fed it in.  Woody thought that perhaps it was to help with voter fraud.  I have not a clue...but it was different and they were all excited about the new machines.  To show you the size of our town...we saw about 20 people while there and we knew probably about half of them.  Small town living!

Woody didn't walk today instead he got his exercise in the yard...mulching and mowing.  I'm not sure how much work he will get to do in the yard tomorrow.  We have been advised that bad storms are heading Alabama and Tennessee way.  I heard about the ones today in Iowa and would just as soon that they stay away.  But I think that they have issued a "high risk" warning about storms tomorrow.

I woke up early and didn't have any campers coming over today so I decided that I would work on another file for my sewing club.  I have another one finished, proofed by me and proofed by Woody.  I'm just waiting for corrections or approval from the club leader.  I have done a little reading, but mainly shopped on the internet for fabric to make something for Esther for her birthday.  I got a magazine the other day that had some really cute patterns/adaptations for patterns.  One was an adaptation of a pattern that I have...to make a cute dress into a cute top.  That one has a lot of hand embroidery on it.  I have been looking for the thread that I need.  The other one can either be a dress or a top and I think that I will make it a top also.  I think I have found the fabric I want for the second one but am still trying to decide on the fabric for the first one.  Decisions!  Decisions!  The decisions are a bit harder to make online since I can't touch the fabric and know that it is the right weight for what I want to make.  I have posed a question to the fabric shop via email.  Now we'll see if they answer in a timely manner. I have other things to do while I make decisions and wait for my order to arrive. I have a feeling that, if this sewing comes about, that Esther may have to accept a promise for her birthday...especially with lots of hand embroidery on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment