Saturday, July 21, 2018

Upon Closer Inspection!


 I never know where a title for the blog will come from...some evenings I never get a good idea.  Tonight when I was deciding on which picture to use of the flowers that are blooming in our little triangular garden that surrounds our mailbox, I realized that I had several views...a lot of flowers, a few flowers, and a visitor on one of the flowers (the one that gets you close enough to inspect just exactly what is also in the photo besides the flowers.  These Black-Eyed Susans are just so pretty this year...wondering if it is all the rain that we have had...but on closer inspection you can tell that they have been enjoyed by insects as their petals aren't as perfect as they seem in the top picture.  There is a visitor on one of the flowers in the middle picture, but the bottom gives you a closer look at something that is attracted to these flowers, but I don't think it is what is eating the petals.  I have a feeling that the top picture probably has a lot of visitors on the flowers...but we are just not close enough to see!  I'm sure that there is a life lesson in that, but I am too lazy to try to find one at the moment!!!


Woody's walk this morning was to the library and back.  Later in the day we made another trip to the library, as I got a call from them late in the afternoon that they had a book I had requested.  I knew that this book was one that both Woody and I wanted to read.  I had to check it out since I had requested it so we both took a little drive to go get it.  Woody was just about to finish a book that he had so was glad to get this one as he hadn't found the greatest books to read this morning.  We are going to have to hustle on this book for both of us to get it read in the seven-days we have to read it.  If only one of us gets to finish it, we will just put our name back on the waiting list and wait our turn once again.  I still have several books that I am in the midst of so I'm not really anxious to start another one!

Woody has worked out in the yard some today mulching and mowing.  We didn't get any rain last night during the storms.  I did hear in the middle of the night when the wind picked up, but that was all that we got from the bad storms that passed through TN yesterday.

I did get my sewing orders all placed so I have fabrics coming, buttons, sewing thread, hand embroidery thread, and a couple of new items to make my sewing easier.  One I am really looking forward to especially--a light box to help me when I have to trace patterns...in this dress to help me transfer the embroidery pattern onto the bodice of the dress. I had been wanting one, but kept putting it off and then this one blouse that I am going to make suggested you use one because it was going to be hard to see through the fabric.  So I decided the time was right!  Now I just have to wait for three orders from three different places to arrive so I can get busy on Esther's birthday presents.  I have some extra time to sew at the moment, but will have to patiently wait and then try to fit sewing into busier times.  I'm pretty sure that I will have to give  promises to Esther.  I "might" be able to finish the one that doesn't have all the embroidery on it before her big day, but, again, it all depends when all these packages arrive!  I am going to find all pattern pieces that I need and have that part ready when everything does arrive.  I did do a little sewing today.  I worked on what I have decided is going to be a Christmas present.  What I did today I am pleased with so I think that it is going to work...I'm making this item by trying to make it look like something that I was gifted with.  The one given to me was made entirely in the hoop with a machine embroidered design.  I have done the machine embroidered design and am making the rest of it on the regular machine...but so far it looks like it is going to work.


No comments:

Post a Comment