Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Look Who Visited Today!


We have had quite a day!  Busy! Busy! Busy!  The day started out with a call a little before 7:30am that our repairman was on his way...and, within a couple of minutes he was here.  He only worked on refrigerators...and a little after 8am he had it fixed.  Woody headed outside with phone in hand so he could answer if our washer repairman called.  I headed in to get ready to go to breakfast with friends.  We had a nice breakfast eating and catching up with each other.  When I got home this little girl was waiting on our front porch and "asked" to come in for a while!  She is missing her mistress.  Esther is at a camp again. Woody had brushed her really well the other day and I decided that she could come in.  She has been shedding so badly that I haven't really wanted her in the house.  I guess that she enjoyed her afternoon in air conditioning...hope that I didn't spoil her too much!  She napped and bathed on my lap for quite a while this afternoon.  She was pretty happy. I read.  Woody has finished the book that we got on Saturday so I have started reading it.  It is a pretty long book and it doesn't read quite as fast as some of the books that we usually read by this author (James Patterson).  We think that combining authors that the two together became a bit wordier and thus write longer chapters! The other author is former President Clinton...so between the two of them there are more words and longer chapters.

Woody didn't head off to the prayer room at church as soon as he usually does on Tuesday.  Mainly because the 2nd repairman didn't get here till 4:45pm...but he didn't take too long.  Pretty much as soon as the repairman left, Woody headed off to the prayer room.  So the repairmen who were supposed to be here between 8am and 5pm...one a half hour earlier than the 8am time and one barely squeaked in under the 5pm time!  But both are fixed! I'm running a small load at the moment to make sure that the washer really is working.  Woody is still at the prayer room.  I guess I will go downstairs and check on the washer.  I will say that today was once again quite busy...except when Peaches pinned me down for a quiet time this afternoon!





No comments:

Post a Comment