Saturday, July 28, 2018

Saturday

Woody walked to the library and back today for his daily walk.  I managed to get the Clinton/Patterson book finished before Woody left to go to the library.  The end of the book went much faster than the first of it so I was able to easily finish it.  Woody has worked outside quite a bit today.  He mowed and also started mulching the other garden in front of the house...the one on the other side of the steps up to the porch...it wraps around the house and goes to the air conditioning unit.  After I got the book finished, I made my way downstairs and put together Mother's recipe for Boston Baked Beans.  Woody even took a little taste of them, though beans aren't on his "okay food list."  A bite won't hurt him...at least not much!  I got them into the oven and then was able to forget them for six hours.  At the six-hour mark I took the lid off and let them cook another 30 min.  Once again they turned out quite good!  I got the pattern for one of Esther's tops traced and have started cutting out a muslin.  I haven't made anything for Esther in such a long time that I'm not sure what size to make for her.  Kathy says that she wears a 10, but a 10 in bought can sometimes be a lot different than a 10 in a pattern.  I have two more pieces to cut out of muslin.  I don't think that I will have to make the whole thing...I think that half should let me see if it will fit and check sleeve length and top length and width, etc. I guess I will head back to the sewing cutting table!

No comments:

Post a Comment