Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Saying Good-Bye to July!

Once again a month is soon to just be a memory...this time the seventh month of the year.  Just think there are only five months left in 2018!

Woody has avoided strenuous exercise prior to his appointments at Vanderbilt.  He has been told to do this in the past prior to having scans.  This time he has heard nothing from Vanderbilt...except for when they changed his appointment from July 31st to August 1st.  Since we hadn't heard I checked online to make sure that the appointments really existed!  I was glad that I did check, as I found out that his scan is scheduled at an imaging place away from the Vanderbilt campus.  We would have gone to the wrong place first if I hadn't looked.  By looking he also did e-check-in...we will see if that makes him fill in less paper work! We pass the street the imaging place is on when we head to Vanderbilt so that isn't a hard change to make.  He has gone there for scans before.  His appointments start around noon tomorrow. At least we don't have to leave at the crack of dawn! Woody is hoping that the appointments go like clock-work so he can be back in time to go to his Bible study at church tomorrow evening.

Woody drove to the prayer room at church tonight since he was avoiding exercise prior to tomorrow's scan.  So he wasn't away as long this evening as usual since he didn't have the walking time to and from.

One of the first things that I did this morning was pop a turkey breast in the oven.  Woody is thinking that it will be okay for him to eat a little turkey (white meat)...but, when I sampled a slice, it was obvious that it had been injected with a saline solution...so probably not the best for him.  Definitely his diet is very limited! Sunday night Woody went to a covered dish meal at church and about the only thing that he could eat was fruit and the gelatin salad that I made for him to take.  Even if it was something that was okay for him to eat, he had no idea on how much the items had been salted.

Last night I did find a picture that my friend said would work for the gift that her Sunday School class wanted to give to a member who is turning 100.  I printed it out last night and then she picked it up this morning.  I did do some sewing today.  Esther's top is coming right along.  At this point Esther will be able to tell what it will look like after it is finished...but there is still a chance that I can get it finished before Friday.  I'm not sure how much more sewing I will do this evening as I have been sneezing my head off due to a break-through in my allergies...this happens quite frequently but usually late at night.  Between blowing my nose and sneezing and my eyes itching, I'm not sure how much I can concentrate on sewing at the moment!  It's perhaps a good idea that I leave my sewing alone and not take chances since so far it is going together well!  Maybe once this attack passes I will be able to work on the sleeves?

I'll fill you in on what Woody's melanoma doctor has to say when I blog tomorrow night.  I think that Woody would like to try to convince Dr. Wyman to put off the next visit for a year. I have a feeling that the doctor won't do that till January.

Well...when next we "meet" it will be the Dog Days of August!

No comments:

Post a Comment