Saturday, August 11, 2018

18th Anniversary, Part 2

Nathan and Kathy arrived home before noon today from their 18th anniversary get-away at a local bed and breakfast...in time for Little League Fall Ball signups.  I'm pretty sure that Elijah signed up and their was talk of Isaac signing up, but I don't know if he did.  Woody came home from next door and said that he was going back next door around 4pm as Kathy and Nathan were continuing their anniversary celebration by going to a concert tonight.  Woody went over at the start of this stint and I will go over closer to bedtime...divide and conquer!

Woody mulched early this morning.  I couldn't find him when I came over around 8am to see if he was ready to spell me after I slept over there last night. I figured he was out on his morning walk.  But when I asked him if he had walked earlier he told me he hadn't.  So I asked him where he was when I came over and he was out mulching.  He didn't go to the library today either since we went yesterday.  I did read some of the books to the little boys for their bedtime story last night.  The favorite of all...I literally had the attention of all but the two girls who were cooking in the kitchen when I read Dr. Seuss' The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins!  That was the 2nd book that Dr. Seuss wrote.  I checked out the original copyright date--1938! So he wrote it 80 years ago.  I told the kids that story was older than I was and they all agreed that that was really old!!!!  They liked that one so much I read it to most of them again this morning.  Then Joy read it to herself after breakfast.  I think that Abigail was the only one who didn't get in on the reading of that book!

When Woody spelled me this morning, I came home to work on my Sunday School lesson.  It is at least in teaching form at this point!  This afternoon I spent finishing up an e-book that is due in a few days.  I got that read and just wrote it on my list.  And, guess what!  That was my 52nd book to read this year...so...that means that I have fulfilled my goal of the year of reading "at least" one book a week!  So one goal met for the year!

Well, I guess I had better gather up something to take next door to fill in the time after children are in bed till the parents return later this evening...hopefully they will all settle in a bit earlier than last night.  I didn't push bedtime for any of them last night since it was Friday night...but they have church in the morning so they need to hit the hay a bit earlier this evening.  Esther and Elijah had a "slumber party" downstairs last night...but they did slumber! They are reading the same chapter book with me so last night when they got settled in I read them a couple more chapters in it.  That worked well as they were at the same spot in the book when they each finished reading Thursday.  Since it is a library book, reading it last night moved us along in it so we should be able to finish it this coming school week. Guess I'll go find the book and take it back over in case there is time to read a little more tonight.  It's a cute story about a little girl who is learning to play a ukulele.  Goosey (Woody) checked it out of the library for Esther to read since she got a uke for her birthday.  We got serenaded last night by Esther and her uke.  

No comments:

Post a Comment