Thursday, August 23, 2018

Promise of Fall

We have had another delightful day...another promise that Fall is "thinking about" arriving.  I understand that we aren't to get too used to these temperatures and low humidity.  I understand that summer is going to show its face again in a day or so.

Woody has enjoyed the temperatures.  He spent quite a bit of time mowing.  He took a walk later in the morning since it was cooler.  He came home to tell me that we have a beaver building a dam down the street. He actually saw the beaver...usually the only evidence that we see that beaver are in the area is a dam.  Maybe I will be able to get a picture of it one of these days.  He walked six-miles today.

Even though it was nice today, I spent the day inside...per usual for me.  I didn't have school today as Nathan, Kathy and family were gone to attend Kathy's aunt's funeral.  So I got an extra day added to my long weekend of norm. I enjoyed spending it doing the hand embroidery on Esther's top.  I finished the back embroidery yesterday.  So I got up this morning and traced off the front bodice pieces and then traced  the embroidery patterns.  I have moved right along with one of the bodice pieces.  It goes fairly quickly...but then when I look back on the day, I have spent quite a few hours on it.  I guess that is the reason that I tend to depend on the machine to do the embroideries on most garments since the machine is so much faster!  But I do enjoy doing it by hand once in a while.

Woody got a reminder call that he has his yearly dermatologist appointment in the morning...one of those times that it was good that we got the call.

No comments:

Post a Comment