Wednesday, August 8, 2018

It Rained!

Tonight's blog title is said with excitement as we haven't had a lot of rain lately and our garden has been suffering because of it...it has been hot, humid...BUT dry!  Today's afternoon rain was very much appreciated!

Woody headed off on his walk to the local Farmer's Market to get corn and zucchini. Woody says carrying all that corn back wears him down!  While he was gone school got underway over here.  Joseph had another good morning during his time.  The readers are going right along in their chapter books. While the readers were reading Woody came back from the Farmer's Market.  After that he made Apple Zucchini bread...his major accomplishment of the day!  Elijah had his long time today.  The first thing we did was mend a strap on a backpack that Graham had given him.  Then he got busy learning about gears with K'nex.  He almost has a "blender" put together...and at this point the gears in the mechanism are making the "blades" work.  He almost got it finished.  He plans to come over tomorrow to put the "lid" together.

I grabbed a quick bite to eat and sat for a few minutes...that's when the first rain came through.  That rain didn't last very long and I headed off to work in the church library.  Donna and I, once again, got a lot done.  We're working on the rest of the books  from our last book order.  More new books should be ready to check out after our work session next week.

By the time I got home I was pretty tired after a pretty much non-stop morning and then part of the afternoon.  So I sat...and not long after sitting I was snoozing!  So far this week, I haven't done much once school is over...I'll get used to the new routine...soon, I hope!  Right now Woody is at his Wednesday evening Bible study at church.  Well, as I typed that last sentence, I heard the front door open, so I guess he is home.  Now we will both settle in for another quiet evening in our household!  I think that I will read and work on another PDF file for my sewing club.  I have everything ready to write/compose the next one. And, I've also got to think through Isaac's first long time...he will have his first lesson of sewing on the sewing machine.  I need to go review in their sewing notebooks what I did with the others when I introduced them to the sewing machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment