Saturday, August 25, 2018

Celebrating 100 & 25 Years!

This little munchkin, Erin Elizabeth, our first grandchild, turned twenty-five today.  How can that be possible?!? Time is definitely flying!  Happy 25th birthday, Erin!

This afternoon we headed to church to celebrate one of our church member's 100th birthday.  It was such a nice party for him...lots came to wish him their best.  He is one of the friends that Woody visits every Monday at Life Care.  He has been really looking forward to this event.  Nathan and family juggled for the party.  We got to visit with our friends, the Hastys.  They are former members of First Baptist, Tullahoma and good friends of the centenarian and his wife.

Quite the day to be able to celebrate 100 & 25 years of birthdays!  I still haven't been able to raise Erin on her phone or email or texting.  I will try again after I blog.

Woody walked to and from the library today.  The heat index has gone back up and it feels once again like the season that it is...summer!  I knew that the fall-like temperatures couldn't last too long when it was still August.  But at least those couple of days gave us a hint of what is ahead for us!

I did get almost all of the things moved back into the sewing room.  I just have to reorganize my photo papers and get the into their box and stored back under the printer table.  Speaking of photo paper, I think that I mentioned a while back that someone had asked me for a photo of our church that they could use for a gift for a member of their Sunday School class.  Well, the centenarian was the recipient of that photo all framed with class members signatures on the photo mat.  I got to see the finished project this afternoon and it looked great in its finished state.

I "think" that we are settled in for the evening. It has been a pretty busy day.  It's tiring celebrating so many years of birthdays all on one day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment