Saturday, August 18, 2018

Saturday Doings

It rained during the night and early in the morning.  That made it a good morning for Woody to pull weeds once the rain stopped.  He made his Saturday morning trip to the library and then went to visit one of his new Sunday School boys.  He attempts at the start of the school year to make a home visit to the new boys who have come into his middle school boys' class. So he made his first visit this morning.

I have worked on the Sunday School lesson for tomorrow.  I just found out a day ago that I was needed to teach again this week.  I have also done a little cooking.  I made a salad that mother used to make...Tuna Garden Salad.  It is made with unflavored gelatin and you add cream of celery soup and celery and cucumbers and green peppers all finely diced.  Since I make my creamed soups, that added an extra step...but it turned out the way I remember Mother's tasting.  Woody has never been fond of this recipe so he isn't feeling deprived when I make this one for myself!  I enjoyed it for my supper.  I also made a recipe of oatmeal cinnamon applesauce muffins.  The middle school boys are in charge of bringing breakfast type foods for the start the youth Sunday School time tomorrow.  I have also taken notes from the video for the next PDF file that I need to write for my sewing club.  And, I'm getting ready to trace the first embroidery pattern on the fabric for the top that I am going to make for Esther.  I got the embroidery pattern run off to the correct size this morning...one of the things that I needed to do before proceeding on and I found the pattern piece that I will be tracing around so maybe I will get underway with the hand embroidery soon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment