Wednesday, August 29, 2018

More Comings and Goings

I had an almost usual day of school.  Joy didn't come over to read because one of her friends was at their house.  Elijah read and planned to come over early for his long time (there is a 10 min. gap between readers and long time).  He figured that way he wouldn't miss out on an entire fifteen minutes when he had to leave early.  But in the end he was a bit late because he had gone on an errand with his daddy, Isaac and Joseph.  He almost finished creating a K'nex chainsaw (learning about cog gears). He wasn't able to get something to connect in his build...so took it home to have Graham help him.  Graham at one point was our "K'nexpert!"  I imagine that Graham can help Elijah problem solve better than I!

During school time, Woody drove to the local Farmer's Market because he didn't want to lug home a large amount of corn.  In the end there was no corn so he wouldn't have had too heavy of a load to carry this time.  He came home with okra, a red pepper, and some zucchinis. After he got home from the farmer's market, he went on a four-mile walk.  And, shortly after Elijah went home, Woody headed off to the church for the noon lunch and meeting.  He, again, brought me home the part of his lunch that he couldn't eat.  Once I ate, I headed to the church.  Donna and I did maintenance and got the new order of books ready to process.  She entered the new books into the computer.  I entered one and printed labels and shelved books and checked books out.  The new book order is ready for the next steps in getting them ready for our patrons.  I came home and took a nap!  Woody headed off a little before 5pm to go to church.  He had a meeting set up and then had the last of the special meetings and the culmination of the study that they have been having for quite a few weeks.  So once again Woody and I pretty much met each other coming and going!  He still hasn't returned from church and I decided to write the blog before 7pm tonight.  I think that I am going to go read, as I am almost finished with a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment