Thursday, August 9, 2018

One Week Down!



Today at noon closed the first week of school for Grammy's school.  The week certainly flew by!  Joseph had another great day.  Today he did a lesson with sounds and then we turned the rest of his time into Osmo time...an educational app/system that works with the iPad.  He worked with letters, tangrams, and coding for the rest of the morning.  He was surprised when I told him that it was time for him to head home.  Then Isaac, followed by Elijah, followed by Esther, and then Joy came over to read.  Then it was time for Isaac to have his very first official Grammy time and his very first lesson with sewing on the sewing machine.  He did great.  He learned about sewing machine safety and some of the parts of the machine and what some of the buttons do on the machine.  After he sewed a little with no thread (something that machines don't like to do!), I threaded the machine and he sewed, still on paper, but went around a square, learned to pivot at corners and then sewed around a triangle.  He took to it like a duck to water!

Woody walked early this morning.  He and Nathan filled up cars with gas this afternoon.  He has challenged the computer to quite a few games of Scrabble.  We had another hard rain for a little while this afternoon.  I'm glad that we are cycling back into a rainy cycle!  The plants are happier too!  I fixed an eggplant casserole this afternoon...something that is on Woody's strict diet.  After supper I got busy and finished another PDF.  Woody is proof reading it as I type this.  I wonder how many marks I will find on this one!  I'm hoping to have it ready to give to our club leader so she can approve it or give me changes.  Then I will be able to post it to the group.  We are getting closer to finishing the PDF files for the last year's club.  Soon she will post a new video for the new year's club and I will need to start writing for this year's club!  I will be glad when I catch up with the ones we are behind in so that all that I will have to do are the current ones each month.  The latest ones are much shorter than the last couple that I wrote...a good thing!  Well, I guess I will head down and let Woody point out all my errors!

No comments:

Post a Comment