Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Wednesday

Wednesday is one of our "go-here-and-go-there" days.  Woody started out heading off before school began to go on his walk of the day--two and from the local Farmer's Market.  He got corn and some zucchini...this time he even got a yellow zucchini...a first to see a yellow one.

I got started with Joseph at our usual time.  My readers came except for Elijah. Esther finished the chapter book that we have been reading together.  Joy started a new Nancy Drew mystery book.  We finished the set that Goosey (Woody) and I gave her for Christmas and now we are reading some really old copies that I saved when they got too ragged to keep in the church library.  I figured that they could survive a few more readings and with a bit of tape they are holding together.  I remember discovering Nancy Drew when vacationing at my aunt and uncle's in Massachusetts as a young teen.  I read the copies that my cousin had and then walked down the street to a library and devoured the ones they had on their shelves. I had the best time flopped on the couch on their screened-in piazza.  Elijah had a dentist appointment so he and Isaac traded spots for long time.  Elijah will get his long time tomorrow.  Isaac is really enjoying learning how to work the sewing machine.  There is something about little boys and machines...especially when that machine is run by a computer.  He sewed around a diamond shape and a star today.  Then we got a piece of fabric ready for him to try out some of the decorative stitches on the machine. He chose and stitched several rows of different stitches before it was time for him to go home.  After I got home from working in the library, he came over and asked if he could do some more sewing on the machine.  He did another row of decorative stitches and then discovered that the machine had an alphabet that could be stitched out.  He decided that he wanted to spell names and stitch them out.  I'm glad that he is enjoying the beginning sewing lessons as much as his older brothers and sisters.

Woody mulched and mowed some more today.  After lunch, I headed off to the library at church.  Today Donna, Fran and I got quite a few books ready to check out...another productive work day.  After supper, Woody headed off to church for the Wednesday evening Bible study.  I sat down to catch my breath from a busy day and ended up dozing off.  It took a bit for me to wake up enough to blog.  Now we are settled in for a quiet evening per usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment