Monday, August 20, 2018

Monday Meanderings

Both Woody and I did a lot of going in many directions today.  The day started out a bit rainy with more expected as the day wore on.  Woody was on the phone prior to my school day starting.  He was attempting to see about internet service.  We have been floating along on Nathan's internet's tailcoats...using their internet over here.  But Nathan has changed over to a mobile device that provides his internet so they can take it with them when they are on the road.  They're old service is being cut off later in the week so Woody set out to find service for us this morning.  He really believes that he was talking to India with his call and it took a very long time to get it across to them that we "only" wanted internet and nothing "bundled" in with it. Just after Woody got it all settled (?), Nathan came over and said that he was calling about canceling theirs and their provider would transfer it over to us (family) and that way Nathan wouldn't be fined for canceling on their contract early and supposedly we will be locked into a certain price "on-going."  So supposedly what Woody had spent time trying to get was cancelled (both were with the same company).  Time will tell if all this is going to happen. It is supposed to happen tomorrow morning.  I guess my blog readers will know if the transfer was a success "if" I am able to blog tomorrow night!  No blog = No internet!  Hopefully it will be Yes blog = yes internet!

The phone call with the internet folk was taking place while I was having school with Joseph and I ended going up and down the stairs I don't know how many times to see what was happening and if there were any questions.  Woody called them on our phone with a cord...so...he couldn't come upstairs with any questions!
Joseph did ask why I kept leaving!  I think that "things" were pretty settled by the time I started reading with Isaac.  After Isaac came over, Woody left to go to the Life Care Center.  He had Bible study and visited with several of the residents.

It was Joy's long time today and tonight's photo shows her hard at work making the color name bean bags for Aunt Melany's kindergartners.  She got all of them except for two sewn together and turned right side out.  You can see the finished squares toward the bottom of the picture.  I will finish the last two and then next week will begin making the storage bag for them.

After lunch, I started pulling things out of the sewing room that might get in the way of the internet tech.  I'm not sure what he is bringing or how it gets connected, but at least the plugs can be gotten to that are on the wall under the table that I am sitting at right now typing on the laptop and also all plugs and connections on the wall to my left.  I have pulled out a couple of tubs of my leftover fabric and also all my sewing magazine and photography printer paper. I got out the vacuum and dusters and cleaned well under there.  Those items don't get moved very often.  That about wore me out dragging things to another room and then doing the cleaning, but it is done!

This evening it looked like too many children needing to go too many places for just their parents so Woody and I were supposed to help out with transportation.  Kathy was supposed to take the two girls to their volleyball game, Nathan was supposed to take Isaac to his Fall Ball Coach Pitch practice, I was supposed to take Elijah to his Fall Ball Player Pitch practice, and Woody was supposed to drop Graham off at his Civil Air Patrol meeting before he went to the Furnace Room Prayer meeting at church!  Whew!  BUT...first Isaac's ball practice got cancelled because it had started raining.  So Nathan was going to take Elijah to h is practice "if" it happened.  It got cancelled so Nathan took Graham to his CAP meeting.  Woody went to the Furnace Room Prayer meeting by himself.  Kathy and the girls did have their game.  And, I ended up staying home!

Today was the big day for Nathan and Kathy's new air conditioning unit to be put in and that did happen.  They were just getting ready to load up the old unit to haul it away when the rains started again.  Last I checked with them, they were very happy that the temperature in their house was going down along with the humidity!  Not fun to be without air conditioning for four days and nights!  I think that they will all sleep much better tonight!

The other thing that has been happening the last few nights that a skunk has been paying Nathan's and our backyards...well, Peaches, Esther's cat is very interested!  She will follow the skunk when the skunk goes waddling off!  So far Peaches is still sweet smelling...maybe skunks and cats can be friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment