Friday, August 31, 2018

Bidding Farewell to August

Another month, this year, has just about slipped by.  I can't believe that September begins tomorrow.

Woody's exercise for the day consisted of doing grocery shopping for us, running errands with his friend who has no transportation, and working in the yard--mowing and picking up LOTS of hickory nuts so he could mow.

I finished reading the book that I had hoped to finish last night after I blogged.  I ended up falling asleep before I got very much farther in the book.  This morning while Woody was at the grocery store I worked in the kitchen--wiping off the refrigerator shelves.  Later in the day I did a little cooking.  Woody did quite a bit of cooking.  He made coleslaw (that he can eat) and apple zucchini bread (another something that he can eat). Nathan and Woody went to pick up Nathan's RV.  I rested for a while this afternoon.  Later Esther came over and painted a color wheel with her water colors.  Just as she was finishing up Isaac came over and did the Osmo Coding game for a little while till their suppertime.

I think "the neighbors" (Nathan & Kathy and family) had a fairly successful day for their yard sale...at least it didn't rain and just about every time that I happened to look out there was a vehicle or two or three or...that aren't usually over there.  As far as I know they plan to have the yard sale again tomorrow.

We are once again settled in for a very quiet Friday evening...at least, I think it's safe to say that! And, on that note..."I'll see you in September!"

No comments:

Post a Comment