Wednesday, August 22, 2018

What-A-Wednesday

Tonight's photo I happened to snap out our second-story bedroom window a while back...testing my zoom lens...not bad considering it was taken through glass...probably dirty glass...and it was way out in the yard.  It's a "no-rhyme-or-reason" photo for tonight...just started looking for a photo and this was the first one that caught my eye to share.

Today has seemed in a whir to me...probably because I didn't get the best sleep the last two nights and today I was feeling quite sleepy...just ask my readers...sitting quietly reading with them I just got sleepier and sleepier.  By the time that Joy and I were reading together I was reading words that weren't there...and try as hard as I could...I would do it again a few paragraphs later.  I guess it is quite comical to the grands!  I can remember my mother reading to me and then all of a sudden she started sounding like a run-down phonograph record!  I don't quite do that...something similar!  When I got home from working in the library and sat down there was no keeping me awake...so got at least a bit of that much needed sleep in a nap!

Woody headed off this morning to go to the Credit Union and the local Farmer's Market.  He was looking forward to getting more corn.  He claims that the corn that he got last was the best corn that he had ever eaten.  Corn is one of the items that is okay for his kidney diet...so it is on his menu quite a bit.

This evening Woody is at the Wednesday night Bible study at church.  I started doing the hand embroidery on Esther's top this morning.  I am pleased with the embroidery so far.  I started out embroidering the back bodice because there was only a little bit of embroidery on it.  There is quite a bit of embroidery on the two front bodice pieces.  I figured I would get used to the stitches on the back first.

The entertainment for the morning was a little brown mouse that Peaches cornered...I guess that the children rescued and it got away...down a hole in the ground at the corner of our front porch...it was a cute little thing...Elijah donned gloves and brought it to show to me!  BUT...I do NOT want it any where close to my house.  Peaches, please come back and find it and take care of eradicating all such little creatures from around our houses!  She does seem to be a good little huntress...but not if the children rescue her prey!!!  They rescued a baby bird last week...now that was okay...but a mouse...

No comments:

Post a Comment