Monday, August 13, 2018

School: Week Two

The second week of school got off to another good start.  Joseph is coming right along with reviewing lessons from last year.  My four readers are getting back into the groove with their reading.  We're having fun with the stories/books that we are reading.  Joy worked some more on the project for her Aunt Melany's kindergarten art classes.  Today she started embroidering the color words onto the fabrics she chose and cut out last week. I will finish up embroidering the words on the squares so next week she can start sewing them together.

Woody headed off before school even got started.  He had been asked to run an errand with his friend who has no transportation.  He worked that errand in with going to Life Care Center.  He did his usual there...doing one Bible study and talking with several of the residents.

After lunch, I got to thinking about Esther's long time tomorrow and realized that I needed to go get her some more water color paper.  So headed first to Jo-Ann's where I did find what I was looking for.  I added in a pad of drawing paper, too for her to use with her really nice colored pencils that we gave her for Christmas.  After Jo-Ann's I went to WalMart to pick up a couple of things that had accumulated on a list I had been making.  Then made a stop at Dollar Tree as they are the only store in town who carries, as far as I know, a kind of soap that I don't seem to be allergic to.  On the way home I stopped to pick up some prescriptions that I had ordered online this morning.  That is a new service that our local pharmacy is offering and I really like being able to get refills this way rather than having to call in. Often when I remember that I need a refill, the pharmacy isn't open and I have to then remember that I need it refilled AND remember to call when the pharmacy is open.  Now, I can get online and request the refill no matter what time of the day it is.  I thought to ask Woody before I submitted my refills and he needed one refilled so I added his to mine.  It worked great...all three were ready when I stopped at the end of running my errands this afternoon.

Late this afternoon several of the neighbor grandchildren showed up needing me to wield a glue gun for them.  They were making rubber band guns!  So I glued clothespins to the top of a couple of pieces of wood and they were happy.  They came over again a few minutes ago to show me that they had painted them.

Woody made one of his pasta concoctions that work with his strict kidney diet.  He is now at the Monday night Furnace Room prayer meeting.  He worked a little in the yard today.  A little before he left this evening he came in with some kind of squash...I "think" that it is a spaghetti squash.  It is a volunteer that grew from seeds put on the compost pile.  We are always getting various kinds of squash, pumpkins, and gourds in and around the compost pile.  Today Woody has been reading a book that arrived in the mail for the church library.  The author's wife is a former First Baptist, Tullahoma member.  The author won a Newberry Honor award for his first book and this is the sequel.  The author's wife had contacted me to tell me that they wanted to give a copy to our library.Nice to be thought of!  Woody is enjoying it and I am looking forward to reading it, too.  Reading a book first from the church library is sometimes one of the perks of being the librarian's husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment