Thursday, August 16, 2018

Famous Last Words!


My last sentence in last night's blog: Now we are settled in for a quiet evening per usual.  Well...Woody was in playing Scrabble with the computer in the school room and I was just settling in my chair to read and there came the faintest of knocks on the front door.  Both Woody and I happened to hear the little knock.  Woody went downstairs to answer the door and I stayed at the head of the staircase.  And, what should appear but six waifs...in various night attire...two being carried by big sisters of those one of them never woke up.  And, the rest all eager to tell of what was happening next door.  Their house had smoke in it and there was a bad burning smell.  Their parents had sent them over to our house as they awaited the fire department.  It wasn't long till sirens were blaring.  I guess they checked things inside with something that tells if there is heat/fire.  And, nothing seemed to be actually burning so they went outside to check the air conditioning unit, which Nathan had already pulled the circuit to turn it off.  It was determined that the motor had probably burned out and that all was well and that open windows and fans would have the smoke and smell out of the house pretty quickly.  Three of the children decided that they wanted to sleep over here so Joy, Esther, and Elijah slept at our house.  Isaac just came over saying that it was pretty hot at their house...he had a little folding fan that he had gotten at camp.

Woody walked six-miles early this morning.  The children woke up and headed home to get ready to begin their day.  I had school per usual.  Today was Elijah's long time.  He split his time between K'nex building and playing a "game" on Osmo that has him running a pizza shop...making pizzas that his customers order and then making change when they are finished.  It's a pretty neat app and he enjoyed doing it this morning.  Joseph also had his Osmo day...on our last day of Grammy school in the week, he does his movable alphabet lesson and a counting lesson and then he can choose what he wants to do on Osmo.  Today he did an initial sound word game and also played a game that has to do with coding.  Another fun time for him...something for him to look forward to each week.  With that...my second week of school is finished.

Woody had a doctor appointment this afternoon for lab work.  That appointment didn't take very long.  I made red clam sauce (for me) this evening and had it over angel hair pasta.  I don't know if Woody partook in a little of it or not.  He can have the pasta, but isn't supposed to have tomatoes...but probably a small amount wouldn't hurt him.

Isaac just came back over hoping that I was finished blogging (or is it blobbing!) so I would go down and let him sew a little more this evening.  He already spent a little time over here this afternoon and did a little sewing.  I think that tonight he is escaping the heat!  I have told him that he has to have me with him when he wants to use the machine so he is "patiently" (maybe) waiting!  Guess I will end!  Hoping that tonight will be a quiet evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment