Tuesday, August 7, 2018

School Day Two!



We had our second day of school and all went great once again.  Joseph had a great preschool time again today.  We walked outside and checked out the construction that is happening at our neighbors (not Nathan and Kathy's--neighbors on the other side of our house).  Lots of construction and beeping of trucks as they back up and around so we had to go check it out.  We got a lot of work done during his time too.  He and I are reviewing things that he did last year.  All the readers moved along in their reading.  Isaac decided that he wanted to count 100 pennies so after he finished with his first grade work at his house, he came back and counted 100 pennies.  It was Esther's turn for "long Grammy time."  She finally brought Noel over in the outfit that Esther made at the end of the last school year so I finally got to give her the matching hat for the outfit.  I hadn't gotten to get a picture of her last sewing project and told her that I was holding the hat as ransom till she brought the doll over so I could photograph her in her outfit!  We did that and then turned to her lesson for the day.  Introduction to water color painting.  She got water colors for her birthday along with a really nice set of paint brushes so I thought that it would be good for her to get some tips on how to work with them.  I found a couple of YouTube videos for her to watch.  I am no artist...but I can find things that can give her instruction.  She did great!  She learned about blending colors and then painted a pot of lavender.  I had hoped that the picture would show her painting...but that left hand is blocking the view! I think that we will be doing art-type things for a while in her long time.  She is such a good little artist that it only takes a little encouragement and a bit of instruction for her to get the idea and branch out on her own!  

Woody kept disappearing today.  I found out that he was in and out finishing up mulching another section of the garden bed.  I walked out to view it this afternoon...boy was it hot outside today.  I'm glad that I stayed in most of the day!  Woody left a little while ago to walk to the prayer room.  



No comments:

Post a Comment