Saturday, August 4, 2018

Hot August Saturday

Look who I spotted on the tip top of the telephone pole that sits at the edge of the street at the far edge of the shared garden between Nathan's house and ours.  Just sitting up there pecking away at the top of the pole.  From the looks of the holes that we can see at the top of the pole in this picture, that telephone pole has been visited often by a woodpecker of one kind or another.  I frequently spot these bright red-headed woodpeckers on this pole.

Woody got his exercise in today by walking to and from the library.  And, he reported when he got home that it was hot out there.  I have done a little of this and a little of that today.  I have washed and dried a couple of loads of clothes and put them away.  I have done a little cleaning. I got everything put back in the laundry room that had been taken out for the washer repairman earlier in the week.  Trying to get it into my head that school starts on Monday.  I need to get in and straighten up and dust in the school room and also in the guest room where we have sewing lessons.  I have been working on getting all the things put away that I got out to make Esther's top.  Getting all that put away so I can get out the fabric, etc. for her other top that was just a promise for her birthday. I have worked some more on a PDF file for my sewing club.  I've written about six pages of it and still have quite a bit more to write.  This one is one of the longer ones and after a while I just had to put it aside.  .

We did have a good time at Esther's birthday party yesterday.  I think that she enjoyed turning 11!  Kathy said that Esther was next door this morning just strumming away on her ukulele.  She's going to ask her violin teacher for some hints on playing the uke.  She said that her ukulele and her big set of paint brushes were her favorite presents this year.  She got a cute case for her ukulele, too.  Last evening Esther and Joy were invited to a friend's for a birthday slumber party...so Esther got to celebrate even more while her friend celebrated...nothing like ending her birthday with bowling and then learning a little about cake decorating...and, of course, probably not a lot of sleep.  Guess that is a way to stretch your birthday out...stay up a good part of the night!

Well, when next we meet, the first day of school for 2018-19 will be behind us!  It really doesn't seem like it is time to start back to school.  My head still says school should start the day after Labor Day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment