Friday, August 10, 2018

Friday



Woody started out earlier than usual with his grocery shopping.  It had rained in the night and I guess he didn't expect it to rain again.  BUT...he came back from his first trip to the grocery store soaked as a down-pour came as he was getting into the car.  He changed into dry clothes and continued his grocery shopping...first finished for us and then ran errands for his friend who has no transportation.  I had a short dental check-up at noon.  

Nathan and Kathy have a get-away planned for this evening.  They are celebrating their 18th wedding anniversary which is Sunday.  Woody and I are overseers.  Woody has been over there for a while and I will go over in a little while and spend the night.  

I have been trying to finish a book that will be taken back into cyberspace soon and I would like to get it finished.  Although, when Woody and I made a quick trip to the library this afternoon, I found out that they have a copy of the book there...so if I don't get this one finished as an e-book then I can check it out as a "real" book.  We made a quick trip to the library so Woody would have some books to read to the little boys this evening.  I found several more books that I want to read...so now have quite a pile of "to-reads."

Last night I finished another PDF file and posted it on our sewing club Facebook page.  I have two more that I have pictures for that need to be written.  There may still be a few after that and then I think that this past year's PDF files will be completed for last year's club (August 2017-July 2018).  Then the videos (2 per month) will start being posted for this year and I will be writing 2 PDF files a month.  Should keep me out of trouble?  Not sure that I mentioned this before, but another "job" may have arisen out of me writing these files.  The head of my club must have said something to one of the editors of a sewing magazine and that editor has asked if I would be interested in proof reading some of the articles for their magazine.  So we will see if anything comes of that. So far I haven't heard anything more from the editor of the magazine, but I will be available if they send me something to proof!  Another something to keep me out of trouble?  It's sort of fun to see the sewing world from another side. 

I have been working on Sunday's Sunday School lesson that I'll be teaching to my ladies' class.  I don't know if I will be able to concentrate on it next door this evening, or if I will just take a book to read...probably should take both!

I guess I had better gather my things to take next door and think about relieving Woody.  There's not much to do these days over there...they pretty much take care of themselves...but the little boys especially Isaac(6) requested having an adult over there! Maybe he thinks that an adult can make him heard by his siblings?!    

No comments:

Post a Comment