Friday, September 28, 2018

A Rainless Fall Day!

To my knowledge it did not rain today unless it was sometime during the night and I'm pretty sure that it didn't rain then either as I didn't have the most restful night last night...awake more than I slept.  But I did get the PDF file finished that I was working on last night.  Woody proofed it this morning and I made the few corrections and then sent it on to the sewing club leader for her approval.  I haven't heard back from her yet.  She is teaching at a sewing/quilting expo so may not have time to look at it till she gets back to her home.  At least it is done except for posting it.  So with that one I am caught up...BUT...she hasn't posted September's two videos yet since she has been away so much.  She plans to get then filmed this coming week when she gets home.  So my being caught up will be very short lived!

Woody's exercise for today was going to the various grocery stores for our weekly shopping and then taking his friend to do his shopping.  Woody worked in the garden weeding and mulching taking advantage of hopefully softer ground so weed pulling was easier.  I got back to work on Esther's blouse.  I have the pattern pieces altered that had to be changed from a dress to a blouse.  That got a bit confusing as I don't think that the instructions were correct so I had to alter the alterations!  But have two new pattern pieces traced...now to get them pinned onto the fabric and then cut out!  Maybe it will be finished before cold weather sets in!  Next week is predicted to be very summer like once again.  It's going to be a bit big so it should fit her even better in the Spring and Summer next year.  During part of my waking hours in the middle of the night, I managed to finish the book that I was working on finishing yesterday.  It is now in the stack of books for Woody to take back to the library tomorrow.

I spent time on the internet looking at kidney-friendly recipes.  And, many of those recipes, even though supposedly kidney friendly are not okay for Woody to eat.  It's like a black hole in my mind when I try to figure out what I can cook that will be okay.  Tonight I cooked eggplant slices...only dipped them in egg and then browned them in a small amount of olive oil.  I did put some Italian herbs in the egg wash, but I'm not sure that they added to the taste...maybe?

Tomorrow will be a different Saturday for us.  Both Elijah and Isaac have make-up ball games in the morning.   I think that Woody will be able to get his library visit in before the games.  And, if not, then he will go later than usual! Tonight we are settled in for our usual quiet (some would say boring...but I try not to use that word)...and truly I don't find them boring nor do I think Woody does.  We can usually find something to occupy our time even when it comes to doing nothing.  Books can always fill in the slot that might lead to boredom!


No comments:

Post a Comment