Friday, September 21, 2018

Rainy Friday Morn

It sounded so good to hear rain on the roof this morning.  Woody didn't walk early because of the rain.  He got his exercise grocery shopping!  He did our weekly grocery shopping and then after he dropped ours off so I could put them away, he headed off to run errands with his friend who doesn't have transportation. He also took advantage of the rain after it stopped and did some weeding and mulching.  He has also made our Italian cauliflower recipe--one of the few of our tried and true recipes that he can still eat with no changes to the recipe.

I was a bit lazy today.  A rainy morning just brought out the lazy in me! I think that all the activity of the last few days caught up with me.  But I did manage to get the dining room floor vacuumed and shampooed--a good job for the day.  I spent time reading...once again two e-books that I had requested became available just a day apart and Woody found me a good book at the library last week.  So at the moment I am reading on all three of them!  I read a little on one and my next break read on one of the others, and so on.  They are different enough that it isn't hard to keep the story lines separated in my head!

Abigail came over this afternoon to get ready to make a birthday gift.  She watched the how-to video and then looked at some trim to use.  She hopes to come over tomorrow to make it.  It is a zipper bag, but this time she will use clear vinyl, a zipper, and some trim to make one.  It is one of the lessons from my sewing club.  When Woody proof read the PDF file for sewing on vinyl, he said that he thought that Abigail should try to make a bag with vinyl.  So I suggested it to her and she liked the idea.  It is a bit quicker than the way she usually makes her zipper bags.  This may end up being her new favorite way to make zipper bags!  

No comments:

Post a Comment