Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Couple Goals Checked Off!


 Nathan, Graham, Kathy and even Elijah did some power washing today and completed going around our house.  They did this side and the front porch and Elijah started working on the front walkway.  It looks so good!  Now I no longer have an excuse not to wash the windows.  I kept telling everyone that I was waiting till they were finished with washing the siding!  Maybe I can find the energy! One of my friends did all the windows in her whole house in one day.  There is absolutely no way that I can do that...I would be out of commission for who knows how long! They had been working on the house for quite a while...had all the sides done except for this one and the front porch.  It was on Nathan's "Sonny-Do-List!" He can now check that one off!!!

Woody's goal had been to finish the garlic garden (3rd picture).  He has been working on weeding it, planting it and today completed mulching it.  Garlic garden complete and checked off Woody's to-do list! Woody walked four miles today and before school started he headed off in the car for the local farmer's market hoping to find some corn...and he did!  In the afternoon he made his veggie pasta recipe.  He returned a little while ago from the Wednesday night Bible study.

I had school this morning.  Elijah had his long time today.  He is still working on K'nex builds with gears.  Today he made a phonograph/record player.  I have the Fisher Price record player that was my niece's so I got it out and Elijah listened to the Chipmunks record while he built a K'nex model.  This is the second thing that he has made with crown gears.  After school, I ate lunch and then headed off to work in the library.  Today I worked by myself.  I did what was needed doing to get ready for the next work day and headed out to run errands.  Even making two stops I was home a bit before I usually am when we work in the library on "normal" library work days.  I picked up a cucumber, the missing ingredient for my recipe that I had tried to make a couple of days ago.  This evening I put together Tuna Garden Salad, one of my mother's recipes.  This didn't happen often, but this was a recipe of Mother's that Woody didn't care for and now since he can't eat it, I am making it for myself to enjoy!  I just did the last step and it is in the refrigerator chilling so it will be ready to enjoy tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment