Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Wednesday Is Winding Down

Woody headed off to walk to the local Farmer's Market before school started for me.  I think that he got corn and zucchini...two of his staples these days!

School started out like normal with Joseph coming over.  He has really matured over the summer and he is finally a willing student and we really have a good time for the 45 minutes to an hour that he spends with me.  Isaac read with me and then Joy showed up instead of Elijah.  Elijah and Esther had gone on an errand with their dad.  When they got back Esther came over to read and then Elijah read and he just stayed for his long time.  He asked Esther to join him for his long time today as they had hatched up a plan to try to build a robot with K'nex.  I pretty much let them work on that since it was their idea and they worked together really well for the whole of Elijah's time. I put together a potato salad for me since it isn't on  Woody's list of okay things to eat.  I am also considering limiting some of what I eat because I do have Chronic Kidney Disease (probably due to medication)...just not to the point of Woody's. Woody is in stage 4 and I am in stage 3.  It was suggested at Woody's counseling session that it would help me if I ate like Woody.  I will to a point, but am just not ready to be as strict as Woody is being.  I'm just not ready to give up all milk products, meat, etc.  My potassium level is not too high so I decided that it was okay for me to have some potatoes! I'll talk it over with my doctor when next I see her!

Woody has been in and out today as he continues to weed and mulch in the large flower garden that we share with "the neighbors" (Nathan, Kathy, & family). He weeds for a while and then comes in to rest.
After lunch I headed off to the library.  I ended up working by myself again today.  I made a new display of a couple of new author's for our library and put away the books that had been on display.  I processed three books that went in the display.  I also checked books in and out and shelved the books that had been returned.  After accomplishing that I left and ran a couple of errands on my way home.  I needed a piece of lace for the doll dress that we are making in our Facebook sewing club. (The leader of the club and I did manage to get the instructions proofed and corrected and they have been posted in the club...big accomplishment Monday evening.) I had been gathering items that I would need to make the dress and when I got the final supply list (I got it first of the club members...a perk of doing the proofing!) I realized that I didn't have enough of the proper sized lace to go around the neck of the doll dress.  I think that I now have everything I need to be able to make it "one of these days" when I find the time!  I do need to make Esther's blouse first, though.  I did work some more on the embroidery for that last night and I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel...I can probably get the embroidery done this evening.  After finding the lace, I headed off to Office Max to buy a notebook for this year's sewing club and also some more sheet protectors.  Between the children's sewing notebooks and cookbooks for Woody and me, I really go through a lot of sheet protectors. Got those and a special pencil sharpener for Esther's colored pencils and then headed home.

After I got home, Woody peeled an eggplant and washed a green pepper, while I sat down to rest for a few moments.  Then I went down and completed an eggplant recipe for us to nibble on for tonight's supper. Woody's diet not only limits items that he can eat, it also limits quantity.  One serving of this eggplant was only 1/2 cup.  So we both ate a serving and there are still several more servings for another meal or two!

Woody is unwinding in front of the TV probably with a book in hand.  I think that I may go watch a show on my iPad and do some more embroidery on Esther's blouse.

Tonight's blog photo is of a Great Blue Heron that I took some time back.  I just happened upon it and decided that I would post it tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment